Yard of the Month recipient named — John and Leanne Pedraja, 1261 Church Avenue in Chipley.
The Washington County Chamber of Commerce also announced the following upcoming activities at their monthly luncheon last week:
- Chamber officials are seeking nominations for the 2017 Business of the Year. The Chamber annually recognizes a local business or organization which makes Washington County a better place to work and live. This prestigious award celebrates business success, community involvement and civic pride. The Award will be presented at the Chamber’s Annual Membership Banquet. To nominate a business/organization, submit a statement of 150 works or less on why the company deserves the top business recognition in the county. Share how the company has made an impact in any of the following areas: business growth, economic development, workplace advances, community involvement and quality of life. List specific examples of business expansion or improvement, community involvement, charitable activities and any other information deemed important in evaluating the company. To be considered eligible for this award, a business or an organization must be a chamber member in good standing, must do business in Washington County and must not be a governmental agency or body. Nominations must be received at the Chamber office by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 31st.
- Washington County Household Hazardous Waste Amnesty Day will be held Saturday, April 1st from 8 a.m. until Noon at the Washington County Recycling Center, 31135 Hwy 77. Hazardous Household Materials and other toxic wastes being accepted include the following – pesticides, insecticides, pool chemicals, solvents, fertilizers, spot removers, paint, stale gasoline, used oil, paint thinners, antifreeze, rechargeable batteries (automotive included), brake fluid, paint stippers, furniture polish, engine degreasers, tires (limit of 5 passenger vehicle tires of smaller per household (there will be a $2 charge for each additional tire). Also being accepted are old appliances, computers and components, microwaves and TVs. No gas cylinders or explosives will be accepted.
- ArtKidDo being hosted at Shivers park in Chipley on April 8th. Festival hours are 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. If you have questions, contact Suzan Gage at 850-693-0808
- Annual Chamber Banquet will be held April 11th at the Washington County Agricultural Center in Chipley. This year’s event will be a Murder Mystery Dinner. Tickets are available by calling the Chamber of Commerce office at 638-4157.
- Leadercast is being hosted by the Washington County Chamber of Commerce on May 5th at the Panhandle Area Education Consortium in Chipley. Cost for the day-long training is $45 per person with lunch and materials included. The program is geared to defines, drives and empowers leaders. To purchase your tickets call 638-4157.