Meeting in regular session this past Wednesday, members of the Washington County Board of County Commissioners gave their approval for a FLUM amendment that will allow placement of a Dollar General Store in Carvyille.
Acting on other agenda items, commissioners also approved the following:
- Presentation of a Certificate of Appreciation to Noah Owens for his services in
- Placement of a Pool Hall and wine/beer Bar at 3246 Main Street in Vernon.
- Repayment of $750,000 to the State of Florida per their agreement dealing with construction of the new county courthouse.
- Purchase of a Fire Reporting System.
- Acceptance of an insurance refund in the amount of $12,900 from John Pat Thomas Insurance Agency.
- Payment of November 2016 vouchers totaling $2,671,003.98.
- An amendment to the E-911 Maintenance Contract.
- Placing the County’s Inmate Supervisor under the Public Works Department.
- Placing two firefighters at the Orange Hill Fire Department under SAFER funding.
- Using spoil dirt to reclaim County Borrow Pits, rather than having to purchase dirt for the work.