(NAPSI)—Even when summer is only a distant memory, there’s no need to give up the benefits of consuming fresh produce.
Here are five ways to infuse recipes with seasonal fruits and vegetables at any time.
1. Simplify mealtime. It’s easy to whip up a satisfying meal bowl with this formula: grain + protein + vegetables. The result? A meal that is deliciously personalized to your taste.
2. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Whether you’re looking for gluten-free options or trying to spice up a traditional pasta dish, spiralized veggies make a great substitute for regular noodles to create a tasty produce-filled version of favorite pasta recipes. Replace spaghetti noodles with “spiralized” zucchini—or “zoodles”—and top with marinara and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
3. Embrace seasonality. Remember, there’s a wealth of seasonal fresh produce available even in the colder months. Winter squash, broccoli, citrus and kale are all great options at peak harvest during winter.
4. Try roasting. Cold weather can be a great time to celebrate heartier comfort food recipes. Instead of eating vegetables raw, roast them—the heating process brings out their natural sweetness. Toss vegetables with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, arrange on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven at 425º F until softened.
5. Drink your veggies. Vegetable juice can be a delightful way to consume produce. The new R.W. Knudsen Family vegetable juice blends and beverages, for example, contain quality ingredients and no preservatives. All varieties are Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified. They’re available in classic and signature flavors including:
• Organic Tomato Sriracha
• Organic Tomato Red Bell Pepper
• Organic Carrot
• Organic Beet
• Organic Carrot Ginger Turmeric.
These vegetable juice blends and beverages are a great addition to a balanced diet.
For additional information and recipe ideas, visit www.rwknudsenfamily.com and www.facebook.com/RWKnudsen.