Members of the Wausau Town Council made it clear Thursday night they want their community to be a clean and safe place for everyone.
Council members said they are willing to work with property owners in getting the community cleaned up, but they expect every property owner/resident to do their part as well. Council members said safety factors are of primary concern and they will be reviewing potentially dangerous situations very carefully and have every intention of following the Town’s ordinances.
Handling other agenda items, council members took the following actions:
- Approved parade permit for an Easter Parade on Saturday, March 19th at 10 a.m.
- Approved parade permit for Fun/Possum Parade on Saturday, Aug. 6th at 10 a.m.
- Approved parade permit for Christmas Parade on Saturday, Dec. 10th at 10 a.m.
- Approved a motion to pay for registration costs ($100 per person) for those attending required Ethics Training on Feb. 10th.
- Were informed plans are moving forward for construction of a 30′ by 40′ pole barn on Town property.
- Approved a request that the Wausau Library be allowed to use the City Hall to show movies as a family event and for the library’s summer program.
- Indicated they are interested in developing a community recreation program for 2016.